Natalie Forté's Dates In a Blanket Recipe
- 16 Medjool dates- pitted
- ¼ cup - ½ cup goat cheese, room temp
- ¼-½ cup fresh raspberries
- 8-12 sheets of Phyllo Dough, thawed according to directions, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or melted butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cut dates and remove the pit.
- Stuff dates with about 1 tsp. of goat cheese and raspberry mixture per date, making sure not to over stuff. Set aside.
- Make sure you have a large enough space to lay out the phyllo dough. Unroll phyllo dough on a clean dry surface keeping them in a stack. Carefully take 2-3 sheets of dough and layout on cutting board or counter. Cut into 4 pieces lengthwise. Cover the remaining dough with a piece of wax paper and a damp cloth (this prevents it from drying out).
- Gently brush a small amount of olive oil on the top sheet of each section. Place the stuffed date at the top of the sheet and roll down, folding in the edges. Once you're close to the bottom, fold edges like a present and wrap remaining dough around the date. Seal the edges with a little olive oil and lightly brush the olive oil on all sides of the wrapped date. Repeat this 4 times.
- Bake at 375° F for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on each side (turn over half way through). Let cool for 10 minutes.
You can watch Natalie Forté host "America's Best Bites" on the Cooking Channel, Saturday's at 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Check your local listings for additional dates and times. For more information, visit cookingchanneltv.com. And, follow Natalie on Twitter @nataliejforte.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.