Mussels in Tomato-Saffron Broth
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds, Crushed In A Mortar To Release Aroma
- ¼ Teaspoon Saffron
- 2 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Orange Zest
- ½ pound Tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Cup Seafood Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pound Fresh Mussels, Scrubbed And Beards Removed
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped, For Garnish
1) Heat the olive oil in another large stockpot over medium heat.
2) Add the saffron, fennel, garlic, orange zest, thyme, and oregano, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, sea salt, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
4) Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
5) Stir, add in mussels, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until mussels are open completely.
6) Discard any unopened mussels.
7) Taste soup and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Pour into individual cups or bowls.
8) Sprinkle the tops with fresh parsley.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page