Directions for Moroccan Chicken
1. Whisk paprika with ginger and turmeric in a mixing bowl. Then add chicken cubes
with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven on medium high. Throw in the onions and sauté until they are translucent.
3. Add garlic and cook one minute.
4. Then add chicken thighs to the Dutch oven. For five minutes, brown chicken cubes on all sides.
5. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch with chicken broth.
6. Toss dates and apricots in among Dutch oven ingredients.
7. Slowly add chicken broth mix and bring pan contents to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan bottom.
8. Add cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon sticks. Stir well. Then cover and simmer for around 16-18 minutes. The sauce should thicken as the chicken cubes finish cooking.
9. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with fresh lemon juice and cilantro.
Directions for Couscous
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil on medium high.
2. Turn off the burner. Add saffron with olive oil and salt, stirring well. Let broth rest for a few minutes.
3. Place dry couscous in a bowl. Slowly pour in the hot broth and then cover with a tight lid.
4. Let stand for about 10 minutes, until hydrated. Fluff before serving.
Directions for Tomato & Preserved Lemon Salad
1. Whisk olive oil with lemon juice, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
2. Toss in tomatoes with red onions, preserved lemons, and parsley.
3. Once well mixed, cover tightly and chill in the fridge overnight before serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page