Mojito Steak Salad
- 1 Mojito (2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 oz. white rum, 1 lime, juiced, 2 oz. soda)
- 1 (8-10 oz.) lean sirloin steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 ears fresh corn, washed, husks removed
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1) In a small bowl, whisk Mojito and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour over steak and marinate for 20-30 minutes
2) Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper and sear or grill until golden brown on the outside and desired doneness inside. (Chef recommends medium rare or medium.) Once cooked, set steak aside to rest.
3) Lightly drizzle corn, onion, bell pepper, and mango with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred. Remove from grill and dice vegetables. Set aside to cool.
4) Whisk dressing ingredients in a bowl or pulse in a blender until well mixed. Assemble salad on large platter or individual serving bowls. Toss salad in dressing. Thinly slice steak and arrange over salad. Serve immediately.
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Jamika at ChefJamika.com