1) Preheat the oven to 325F with a rack in the center position. Lightly grease a 9- inch springform pan, set aside.
2) To prepare the crust, place the graham crackers in a food processor and grind into fine crumbs. Place the pistachios in the food processor and finely grind. Add in the algae oil. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, puree the first portion of berries and strain through a sieve to remove all the seeds. Discard the seeds. Stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
4) In a food processor, puree the cottage cheese until smooth. Add the berries, sugar and cornstarch mixture, and cream cheese. Puree until smooth. Add the yogurt, egg, and egg whites. Pulse just until combined.
5) Do not over mix. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and carefully pour the mixture on top of the crust.
6) Bake the cheesecake for about 50 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set and no longer liquid-y.
7) Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow the cheesecake to completely cool in the pan. Once cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, before serving.
Just before serving, toss the second portion of berries into a bowl. Zest one of the limes. Toss the lime zest into the bowl with the berries, add 5 mint leaves cut into thin strips and one tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Stir gently to combine. Be careful when stirring, you don’t want to the berries to break down and start to release their juices, you just want to spread the lime zest and mint around.
8) Carefully place the berries on top of the cheesecake. Cut the second lime into wedges. Place the lime wedges and remaining mint on top of the cheesecake. Serve.
1) Add cottage cheese for a rich and dense New York style cheesecake that is low in fat and rich in protein.
2) Use reduced fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or crème fraiche.
3) Replace the butter in the crust with omega rich algae oil, which is high in good for you monounsaturated fats.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page