Directions for the Marinade
1. Preheat a 2-quart saucepan over high heat for about a minute and add the sake. Bring it to a boil to cook off the alcohol. Stir in mirin, sugar, miso, and grated ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so a simmer, and cook the marinade for about 5 minutes until it turns a pale caramel color. Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely. Separate out 3/4 cup (120 ml) of the marinade to use for basting later. Bring the reserved marinade to a boil and reserve.
2. Cut the fish into 6 ounce (170 g) pieces, leaving the skin on. Place the fish pieces in a shallow baking dish, pour the marinade over the fish until they are completely submerged. Marinade overnight or up to 2 days.
3. Preheat your grill to high for about 5 minutes. Remove the fish from the marinade, and wipe all excess marinade off the fillets. Spray some oil on a grill basket. Place fillets in the basket. Reduce to grill to medium and place the grill basket on it. Let sear on one side for about 3-5 minutes or until brown and fish is easily turned over. Flip over and spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of remaining marinade over the fish. Cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Serve hot.
Directions for Salad and Dressing
1. Place the dressing ingredients and a few tomatoes and long beans into a blender and pulse together for about 5 seconds. Dressing should be slightly chunky and not smooth. Amount of chilies depends on the desired heat.
2. Toss apple, green beans, tomatoes, dried shrimp, and some of the peanuts together with dressing to taste. Make sure to aggressively mix the ingredients to slightly break up the tomatoes and beans. Garnish with remaining peanuts and shrimp powder.
3. Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours.