Mini Thin Mint® Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (9 ounces) Girl Scout Thin Mints® cookies
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream topping
Stir together half-and-half, sugar, coffee granules and extracts until sugar dissolves. Stir in heavy cream. Coarsely chop 8 Thin Mint® cookies
Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding choped Thin Mint® cookies during the last 2 minutes od processing. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze) Remove from ice cream maker; mix in chocolate topping. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Feeze until firm, 4-6 hours.
To make sandwiches, place 1 tbsp ice cream between 2 Thin Mint® cookies Yield: 1 dozen.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page