- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 can cream corn
- 1/2-cup bacon drippings
- 1-cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeno peppers - chipped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix first seven ingredients together.
3. Grease skillet and sprinkle with cornmeal and brown over burner. 4. Pour 1/2 of mixed ingredients into skillet.
5. Layer as follows: meat, onions, peppers and cheese.
6. Follow with remaining mixture.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or longer, until firm in center.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page