1. Render the bacon in a pan. Remove from heat and reserve. In the same pan, season and sear the rib eye and beef shank with a little of the bacon fat. Remove and reserve the rib eye.
2. In a pot cook the ox tail, tomatillos, chilies and garlic in the 2 cups of water for 4 hours on low. Remove and blend tomatillos, chilies and garlic with ¼ cup of the water in which they were cooking in, pour back in pot. Add the kombu, rib eye meat and its juice together, season to taste.
3. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 2 hours.
4. Work fresh masa with ½ c stock from initial ox tail broth and 3T salt. Portion masa in 1 T portions balls, make indent with pinkie in each and poach in salted water til they float, strain and drizzle with olive oil until you need them.
5. Serve with chochoyotes, pinto beans, bacon, onion and cilantro.