Matt Rogers' Shrimp Ceviche & Carne Asada Tacos
• 1 pound peeled medium shrimp • 1 cup fresh lime juice • 10 tomatoes, diced • 1 large yellow onion, diced • 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced • 2 celery stalks, diced • salt-and-pepper • 2 tablespoons olive oil • 2 avocados, peeled and diced • chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and clean shrimp removing shells and tails.
- Dice shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and toss together with lime juice, tomatoes with reserved juice, onion, jalapeno and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and allow to "cook" for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving add in avocados and cilantro serve cold with fresh tortilla chips.
Carne Asada Tacos:Marinade: Ingredients: • 4 garlic cloves, minced • 1 Jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and minced • 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seed • 1 large handful fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper • 2 limes juiced • 2 tablespoons white vinegar • ½ teaspoon sugar • ½ cup olive oil
- Trim excess fat from flank steak.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Preheat grill and 30 minutes before grilling remove steak from marinade, pat dry with paper towels and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sear steak over hot coals until caramelized and desired temperature is achieved, let rest for 10-12 minutes and slice thin.
- Serve warm with your choice of corn or flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, queso fresco, lime wedges, cilantro, onions and any other condiments of your choice.