• 1 pound peeled medium shrimp • 1 cup fresh lime juice • 10 tomatoes, diced • 1 large yellow onion, diced • 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced • 2 celery stalks, diced • salt-and-pepper • 2 tablespoons olive oil • 2 avocados, peeled and diced • chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and clean shrimp removing shells and tails.
- Dice shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and toss together with lime juice, tomatoes with reserved juice, onion, jalapeno and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and allow to "cook" for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving add in avocados and cilantro serve cold with fresh tortilla chips.
Carne Asada Tacos: Marinade: Ingredients:
• 4 garlic cloves, minced • 1 Jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and minced • 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seed • 1 large handful fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper • 2 limes juiced • 2 tablespoons white vinegar • ½ teaspoon sugar • ½ cup olive oil
- Trim excess fat from flank steak.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Preheat grill and 30 minutes before grilling remove steak from marinade, pat dry with paper towels and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sear steak over hot coals until caramelized and desired temperature is achieved, let rest for 10-12 minutes and slice thin.
- Serve warm with your choice of corn or flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, queso fresco, lime wedges, cilantro, onions and any other condiments of your choice.
Check out TV host and country singer Matt Rogers at
mattrogersusa.com and on twitter