Matt Iseman’s Summer Ribeye Steak with Spice Rub and Grilled Asparagus
Get out the barbecue this summer with this mouth-watering steak and asparagus recipe.
Spice Rub Ingredients: (mix together)
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup ground espresso
- 2t smoked paprika
- 2t dark brown sugar
- 1t dry mustard
- 1t onion powder
- 1t kosher salt
- 1t black pepper
- 1t ground coriander
Recipe for the Steaks:
- Brush 1½ inch thick ribeye steaks (boneless)on both sides with olive oil.
- Rub each side with 1-2t of spice mixture.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for ½ hour.
- Preheat bbq grill to high.
- Cook directly on grill for 2 minutes, flip and rotate ¼ turn.
- Repeat three times until steaks have cooked for 8 minutes (4 per side). The rotation will leave nice grill marks on the steaks.
- Move steaks to upper rack of grill, reduce heat to medium and close lid.
- 1 ½ inch thick steak usually takes 16-18 minutes of total cooking for medium rare.
- Wash and dry asparagus.
- Snap at their natural break point.
- Rub with olive oil salt & pepper.
- Grill until charred – don’t overcook.
- Serve with soy/butter.
Get more information about this Episode>>