Mark’s Secrets to Great Burgers on the Grill
- Make sure the buns aren’t bigger than the burgers – it’s all about the meat!
- Use the slamming technique. I like to slam the meat down on a surface instead of rolling it with my hands before placing it on the grill – gives it a better shape.
- Group all of your rares, mediums, and wells in the same area on the grill so you can grab and serve the correct burger to the correct guest ASAP.
- Make one side of the grill hotter than the other so you can time things out so they’re done at the same time – it’s all about the timing. Some things take longer to cook than others.
- Grill the buns! Add some melted butter and put them on the grill. Time them to be done close to the burgers.
- When feeding children, don’t season the burgers. Kids like ketchup – that’s enough seasoning for them – they may not be inclined to eat spicy versions.
- Throw some asparagus on the grill for a healthy alternative to fries as a burger side dish.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.