Maple-Balsamic Root Vegetable ‘Fries’
- 3 large carrots, cut into ¼ inch thick sticks, 2 – 3 inches long
- 1 medium celery root, cut into ¼ inch thick sticks, 2 – 3 inches long
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into ¼ inch thick sticks. 2 -3 inches long
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled, each cut into 8 wedges
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Oil, mix to coat veggies
In separate bowl, combine:
- Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt
- Pour mixture on veggies and toss.
- Arrange veggies in single layers on 2 (parchment lined) baking sheets.
- Roast on separate racks for 20 min., 425 degrees.
- Flip/ switch rack positions.
- Roast until light brown & caramelized additional 15 – 20 min.
- Discard thyme sprigs.
- Season with salt & pepper.