Maine Clobster Grilled Cheese with Everything Sauce
- 4 oz Maine lobster meat (freshly steamed and picked tail and claw)
- 2 oz blue crab meat (lump meat)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon sliced in half
- 3 tablespoon shredded aged white cheddar
- 4 slices high quality Sourdough sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 5 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickle
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teapoon dijon mustard
1. Start building the sandwich: Spread the mascarpone cheese evenly over the inside of each piece of bread. Layer the bread bottoms in the following order: cheese, tomato, cucumber, lobster, crab and a touch more cheese. Top with the remaining bread.
2. To cook the sandwich: Place 1⁄2 the butter in the pan and heat until melted. Add the sandwich and toast over medium heat (it may take a few minutes on lower heat, but it is well worth the melted crunch). Before you flip the sandwich, add the remaining butter, then flip. Place the entire pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. For the Everything Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and set aside.
4. To serve: Slice the sandwich in half and serve alongside the everything sauce for dipping. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sandwich at the last minute to add a touch of acid. For a messier, sloppier, finger-licking good time, drizzle the sauce right over the sandwich. Garnish with fresh chives and serve with chips and fresh radishes.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page