Macadamia Crusted Chicken with Asparagus
- 2 x 150 gram chicken breast fillets
- 2 tabelspoons of EVOO
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ½ bunch of rainbow chard, finely chopped (can use any chard, English spinach, kale, any dark leafy green)
- salt and pepper to season
- fresh lemon wedge and fresh macadamia nuts to serve
- 3 cups of macadamia nuts
- juice of 1 lemon and zest of 1 lemon
1) First of all, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2) Pop your ingredients into the food processor; the stronger the processor the less blitzing time.
3) Then pop your pan on a medium heat and add the EVOO and to that add your chicken breasts and sear them on each side for 3 or so minutes.
4) Then let them cook down a tad so you can handle them. Smear them generously with the macadamia nut butter, then pop on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-30 minutes.
5) Then while the chickie is cooking grab a pan and pop it on a medium heat, heat up that EVOO and add your chard, then after about 1 minute, add your asparagus, it won’t need long, just wait till the colour gets really vibrant.
6) Then take off the heat, season and plate up. To the pile of greens add a huge dollop of your macadamia nut butter and let it melt and seep through to all the greens.
7) Then pull your chickie out of the oven and set it next to your greens. Serve with a sweet little wedge of lemon and a few fresh maca nuts!
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page