Yield: 12 Mini Bundt Cakes
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
1. To prepare bundt cakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 6-cake mini bundt cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, 1/4 cup elderflower syrup, lemon zest and juice; whisk to blend. Set aside. In another medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time; mix well. Add reserved yogurt and flour mixtures alternately to mixer bowl and beat until blended.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert on wire rack to release cakes. Brush cakes lightly with 2 tablespoons elderflower syrup.
5. To prepare glaze: Combine powdered sugar, elderflower syrup and lemon juice in bowl; whisk. Drizzle over cooled bundt cakes.
6. To prepare buttercream (optional): Combine butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice and elderflower syrup in mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon frosting in the center of glazed bundt cakes.