- 11/2 pounds boned and skinned salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- ⅔ cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, more as needed
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- condiments of your choice
- coleslaw of your choice
In the bowl or a food processor, pulse the salmon cubes several times until coarsely ground (there will still be flakes of salmon).
- Remove the ground salmon to a large bowl and stir in the capers, bread crumbs, scallions, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and egg until the mixture is uniform and fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the burgers (do not crowd, they can be cooked in batches) and sauté, adjusting the heat as needed, until the burgers are golden on the outside and cooked throughout, 2 to 2½ minutes per side.
- Prepare the burgers: Brush the insides of each toasted bun with tartar sauce and spoon a little coleslaw on the base of the bun.
- Place a burger on the slaw, then the bun top. Serve immediately.
To see more with comedian Laurie Kilmartin, visit www.kilmartin.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.