Laura Nativo's DIY Holiday Dog Treats
Recipe from puredogfood.com
Laura Nativo's DIY Holiday Dog TreatsWheat-free pumpkin apple dog num nums Recipe from puredogfood.com
Dog Treat Ingredients:
• 4 cups of quinoa flour
• 1 ½ chopped or minced apples • 1 egg • ½ cup of pumpkin puree • 2 tablespoons of apple sauce • ½ cup low sodium chicken broth (or you can substitute with water) • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Puppy Frosting Ingredients:
• White carob icing • 3 cups of white carob chips • 1 tsp of vegetable oil • Food coloring or 1 tablespoon vegetable powder for coloring
Dog Treat Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients except the flour.
- Then, slowly add the flour to the mixture.
- Once ingredients are thoroughly mixed, sprinkle flour on your work surface and roll with a dusted rolling pin.
- Cut your cookies with a cookie cutter of your choosing.
- Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees or until cookies are hard when touched with a utensil.
- Store in airtight container and keep for up to 14 days. In the fridge or freezer they can last for 6 months.
Puppy Frosting Recipe:
- Melt carob chips in double boiler or microwave and add vegetable oil and coloring.
To learn more about Hallmark Channel's Pet Project, visit