Laura Nativo's Banana & Peanut Butter "Pup"-sicles
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 c. Yogurt
- ¾ c peanut butter (organic)
- ½ c coconut water
- 1 TBS Honey
- ¼ c. Carob Chips
- 2-3 TBS Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- Combine ripe bananas with frozen yogurt and blend. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, coconut water and blend. Set aside.
- Fill ½ of the mold with the banana mix.
- Layer the banana mix with carob chips.
- Fill the rest of the mold with the peanut butter mix.
- Layer the peanut butter mix with the unsweetened coconut flakes. Freeze over night.
- Place sliced apples sticking out of the pupsicles as “popsicle sticks.”
- Freeze the ingredients still in the mold over night.
Ingredient Health Benefits for Dogs:
Banana - Bananas are a good source potassium, which benefits the muscular system and are high in fiber and iron. They also contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, which is known to make aid in relaxation and improve mood. Bananas are also high in B-vitamins, which help calm the nervous system and are a natural antacid.
Yogurt - Plain, unflavored yogurt is a good source of calcium. It has active probiotic bacteria and healthy cultures to provide protection from bad bacteria, promotes healthy digestion, improves immune function and aids in lowering cholesterol. It can also lessen the occurrence of yeast infections and is great for soothing an upset stomach.
Organic Peanut Butter - We use only natural peanut butter that has no added sugar, corn syrup or flavorings. Peanut butter is high in protein and contains niacin and vitamins A, E and K. It also has minerals such as iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and calcium. It also contains monounsaturated fats that protect against cardiovascular disease.
Carob Chips - Carob chips are full of antioxidants. For younger dogs, antioxidants help fight viruses, bacteria, and parasites, and help increase vaccine recognition. For older dogs they help fight cell degeneration as they age.
Coconut Water / Unsweetened Shredded Coconut - Coconut contains healthy fats that speed healing, give instant fuel and energy, and aid in digestion. Coconut will also give your dog beautiful skin and coat.
Honey - Honey is one of the oldest healing agents known to man. It is high in copper, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, enzymes, protein and vitamin c. It is a strong anti-bacterial, natural sedative, immune builder and energy enhancing predigested food.
Apples - Apples are full of vitamins A & C, fiber, and phytonutrients. Vitamin A helps with hair skin and eye health. Vitamin C helps with immune systems and joints. Phytonutrients help prevent and treat diabetes and blood pressure.