Lamb Chops with Roasted Figs with Pistachios
- 12 lamb rib chops (organic is best)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese, to serve
- 1/3 cup crushed pistachios, to serve
- 8 fresh ripe figs, cut lengthwise in half
- Leaves from 4 large sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
1) Start with the figs. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Put the figs on a baking sheet, scatter with the rosemary, drizzle the honey over the top and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes then let them cool.
3) To cook the lamb, place a large frying pan on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and half of the rosemary and when the oil is hot, add half the chops. Cook for 3 minutes on 1 side, flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side (you want both sides nicely browned). When they are ready, remove the chops from the pan and cover to keep warm. Add the remaining olive oil, the remainder of the rosemary and the last of the chops. Cook as above.
4) Serve the lamp chops with the figs, a few generous dollops of fresh ricotta and some crushed pistachios on top.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page