Lamb Chops with Orzo Pepper Salad
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small lamb chops (rib or loin; 3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Preheat a grill to medium high. In a shallow baking dish, combine first 5 ingredients, rub together, and let sit over night.
Prepare rub and let sit over night.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain, and toss with remaining ingredients.
- Remove lamb and place on the grill.
- Grill all sides total 14-16 minutes.
- Remove, slice, and serve with salad mixture.
For more delicious recipes from Fabio, check out his NY Times Best-Selling Cookbook "Fabio’s Italian Kitchen" and sign up for his weekly updates at fabioviviani.com.