- 4 sticks unsalted butter (Room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar (separate 6 tablespoons)
- 2 eggs separated
- 3-4 cups toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 -1 1/2 packets le petite beurre or Pappadopoulos butter cookies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Chocolate sprinkles
1. Combine the butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and egg yolks in one bowl.
2. Crumble the petite beurre or Papadopoulos cookies in a bowl
3. Add the toasted pecans
4. Add 1 tablespoon cognac
5. Make Meringue : Whisk the egg whites and slowly add 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar . Wisk until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Slowly add meringue to butter mixture stirring constantly
7. Pour mixture onto the cookie and pecan mixture and combine
8. Pour mixture over wax paper and shape into a log.
9. Cover with coconut and chocolate sprinkles.
10. Completely cover the log with wax paper securing tightly on both ends.
11. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours.
12. Take out and let sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving so as not to crumble when trying to cut.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page