Kooky Coffee Pot Cooking with Kym Douglas
Place broccoli and cauliflower into the basket where the ground coffee normally goes. Then run a full pot of water through, as if brewing coffee. NOTE: if you like your veggies crunchy, then 1 cycle should be enough but for a softer cook, run 2 cycles.
Asian Poached Salmon
In the coffee pot, throw in:
• Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
• White miso paste (1.5 tbsp) • Brown sugar (1 tbsp) • Sake (½ cup) • Salt (1 tsp) • Raw Ginger (a few slices)
- Place 1 portion of salmon into the pot (skin side up) and pour just enough water into coffee maker to make sure fish will be completely submerged.
- Run machine and once all water is in the pot, set the timer for 20 mins.
- Once timer is up, remove fish and garnish with scallions and a squeeze of lemon.
In the coffee pot:
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream (10-15 mins).
- Add 10-12 oz bittersweet chocolate and mix until creamy.
- Slice up strawberries and bananas for… a romantic chocolate fondue for 2!