Kimberly's Brownies with Raw Cacao Glaze
A healthy dessert.
Ingredients for Brownies
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons very hot water
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup mashed Hass avocado
- 1⁄4 cup coconut nectar
- 1⁄4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and grease a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Mix together all the dry brownie ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, the coconut nectar, vanilla extract, and the Ener-G Egg Replacer and water mixture, and whisk until smooth and well combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, combine all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Really work out those avocado chunks! Cover the glaze and allow it to set in the fridge while the brownies continue to bake.
- Remember that you want your brownies to be moist. They do take a little bit of time to set, so keep that in mind instead of overbaking them. No brownie rocks here! After baking, let the brownies cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or stick them in the freezer to help them set. If the middle still feels too gooey after 30 minutes at room temperature, just stick the brownies in the freezer for a few moments to harden them. (Remember, there are no eggs or dairy or anything else in them that has to be fully cooked to be safe to eat).
- Once the brownies are cool, spread the glaze on top. Cut the brownies into squares and enjoy!
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Follow Kimberly on Twitter @_KimberlySnyder