Makes 24 bars hands-on. 15 minutes total. 8 hours, 35 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Process the flour, brown sugar, nuts, butter, and salt in a
food processor until finely ground. Press into a greased aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch
2. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
3. Heat 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar and 1⁄2 cup of the lime juice over low heat, stirring until the
sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, and set aside.
4. Sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice in a medium bowl; stir
gelatin mixture, and let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the hot mixture to the gelatin mixture, stirring until the gelatin dissolves. Whisk in
the sweetened condensed milk and 1 teaspoon lime zest.
6. Place the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice; whisk mixture 10 minutes or until partially set.
7. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour evenly over the prepared crust; cover and chill 8 hours.
Cut into diamond shapes. Garnish with lime zest, if desired.
Excerpted from What Can I Bring? by Elizabeth Heiskell. Copyright © 2018 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.