- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup each finely chopped celery, onion, green pepper, and carrots (use food processor on pulse to chop)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup ketchup, plus more for squirting on top
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and divide equally to form two separate loaves. Add a squirt of ketchup to the top of each loaf in a zigzag design, then sprinkle with parsley. I cover the loaves with foil and bake in either a meat loaf pan or a glass bread baking dish for about an hour, or until the juices are bubbly and the center is no longer pink.
- During the last 15 minutes or so of baking, I remove the foil covering and finish baking uncovered because my family likes the top nice and crunchy.
Order Kate's cookbook, "Love Is in the Mix" at