Just for Dogs: Beef & Russet Potato
- 40oz lean ground beef
- 1.25 oz beef liver
- 28.5 oz russet potatoes with skin
- 15 oz sweet potatoes with skin
- 2.5 oz carrots
- 2.5 oz green beans
- 1.25 oz green peas
- 1.25 oz green or red apples
- 3.75 tbsp safflower oil
- 0.5 tbsp jffd omega plus fish oil
- 5.25tps just foodfordogs nutrient blend
1. In a nonstick skillet brown beef and beef liver over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Add carrots, green beans, peas and apples when meat is still slightly pink. Continue to cook until meat is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. Do not drain. Let the mixture cool until it is warm to the touch.
2. Bring water to a rapid boil in an appropriately sized pot. In the meantime, dice the russet and sweet potatoes (do not peal) to ¼’’ or an appropriate bite size for your dog. Add potatoes to the water and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 min or until fully cooked (soft to the touch) Add ice to stop the cooking process.
3. Drain. Let cool to the touch.
4. In a large mixing bowl, and only after the food has cooled completely, combine all
ingredients including oils. Slowly sprinkle in Justfoodfordogs nutrient blend until well
distributed and fully incorporated.
5. Portion into individual serving sizes as determined for your dog. Store in freezer or
refrigerator. Stored in the refrigerator, this recipe will remain fresh for 4-6 days.
6. This recipe will yield approximately 11.5 lbs. of food.