Julie Benz’s Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 lb. ground all white meat turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (15 oz) rinsed/drained kidney beans
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat
- Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeño & garlic. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned (about 8 minutes)
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, 1 tbsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and bring to a boil
- reduce the heat to medium low and add beans
- Cover and simmer for 30 min.
Makes: 4-6 servings Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 48 min
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.