Julie Benz Grilled Shrimp & Plums with a Sweet Hoisin Sauce
• 12 jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
• 3 plums quartered • 2 TBS minced ginger • 1 TBS olive oil • ½ tsp kosher salt • ½ tsp pepper
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Toss shrimp, plums, olive oil, ginger, salt and pepper in large bowl thread 3 shrimp and 3 plums onto skewers place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray cook for 4 min turn skewers--- brush with ¼c sweet hoisin sauce (recipe below) cook 2min turning once serve with remaining sauce.
Sweet Hoisin Sauce Ingredients:
• ⅓c bottled hoisin sauce
• ¼c rice vinegar • 2tbs Sherry • 2tbs ketchup • 1tbs brown sugar • ½tsp Chinese five spice powder (found in the spice section at grocery store) (this is what is in five spice powder-- cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, peppercorns)
Sweet Hoisin Sauce Recipe:
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spoon ½c sweet hoisin sauce into a cup for cooking purposes place remaining in a serving bowl.