- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 peel of orange, slivered
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1.5 to 2 cups sugar
- dash of salt
- Optional: 1 cup coarsely chopped/toasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
(Make a day - or two - ahead.)
- Wash cranberries and place in 2-quart covered casserole dish (I use iron pot.)
- Sprinkle on sugar and salt.
- Add orange pieces and slivered peel.
- Mix well so that all is coated with sugar.
- Cover tightly. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325°.
- Cool slightly and add chopped nuts.
- Can store in fridge for days.
For more with consumer reporter Jill Simonian, please visit
thefabmom.com and follow her on Twitter
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at