Jill Simonian's Baked Cranberry Relish
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 peel of orange, slivered
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1.5 to 2 cups sugar
- dash of salt
- Optional: 1 cup coarsely chopped/toasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
(Make a day - or two - ahead.)
- Wash cranberries and place in 2-quart covered casserole dish (I use iron pot.)
- Sprinkle on sugar and salt.
- Add orange pieces and slivered peel.
- Mix well so that all is coated with sugar.
- Cover tightly. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325°.
- Cool slightly and add chopped nuts.
- Can store in fridge for days.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.