Jewel's Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup (250ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2ml) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1ml) salt
- 20 packets Pure Via sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) grated orange peel
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (50ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Uncooked old fashioned oats (optional)
Makes 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups (2½ inch diameter) with paper baking cups; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and orange peel in a large bowl. Stir in buttermilk, oil and eggs. Mix just until all ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffins cups.
- Sprinkle each with oats, if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and serve warm.
You can now download the "Tune in to Pure" digital cookbook/songbook at purevia.com/jewel-tunes.