- ¾ cup whole milk, boiling
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 packages active dry yeast (½ ounces) plus 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 28 pecan halves
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls (Qty: 28)
- Pour hot milk in a mixing bowl, add butter and stir to melt. Add sugars, pumpkin puree, salt to the milk and combine well.
- In a small bowl, proof yeast in lukewarm water with a teaspoon of sugar. When it gets foamy (approximately 8-10 minutes) add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Beat in the egg, mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix with a dough hook in a standing mixer until well combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Kneed dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume (about 1 hr).
- Take dough from the bowl and place on a floured cutting board. Cut 28 pieces and roll into balls.
- Using a paring knife, cut each dough ball on the sides 8 times. It should look like a flat flower.
- Poke the center of the flower dough ball with your finger to create an indentation, and insert the pecan for the stem.
- Place them, 2" apart, on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let them rise again (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven 350ºF and brush al the bread rolls with egg wash (1 egg and 1 tbs milk or water).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until barely slightly golden. Do not over cook.
Make sure to visit Jessie Jane at
lilyshop.com for more great craft tips and ideas!