- 1 Watermelon
- 4 large 6 oz boxes red jell-O
- 3 cups Hot water; 2 cups cold water (DO NOT follow the water instructions on the Jell-O box)
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips (These are for the seeds - you can leave them out if you wish)
(Recipe is for half of one large watermelon)
- Cut your watermelon in half and scoop out half the melon with a melon baller. Make sure to get all the way down to the white rind.
- In a large bowl combine 4 large 6oz boxes of red Jell-O with 5 cups of water. DO NOT use the amount of water they specify on the Jell-O box. This recipe is different and your Jell-O needs to be a little more firm.
- Pour the Jell-O mix into the melon halve and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. TIP: Slide a soup bowl under the melon so it sits evenly in the fridge. (If you are using the mini chocolate chips wait about an hour until the Jell-O is a little firm then press the mini chocolate chips into the Jell-O with a thin wood skewer.)
- When Jell-O is set, carefully cut into slices. Do not use a serrated knife. Enjoy.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit