Jessie Jane's Crock-Pot Stuffing
- 10 cups of cubed bread (mixed) dried out a bit (½ Corn Bread and ½ French Bread)
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 can 14.5 oz. chicken broth
- 1 ½ sticks butter melted
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. poultry season
- 1 tsp. salt
"Every year my mom and I would make the Thanksgiving stuffing late at night. I would sit at the counter and watch her chop all the vegetables. And every year my Dad would come into the kitchen and say "You're still chopping!? All your mother does is chop Jessie! She would sit here and chop for hours if she could." My mom would always give him the side eye and say "Go to bed Chuck" … It sounds silly but it's these little moments that I remember year after year. My Dad passed away, but I'm beyond grateful for my family and all the Thanksgivings I had with everyone together"
- Sauté diced onions and diced celery in ¼ stick of butter over low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add pepper, poultry seasoning, and salt to vegetables. Stir to combine and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Grease crock-pot (sides and bottom) with butter. Pour can of chicken broth into crock-pot.
- Add the two beaten eggs and cubed bread to the crock-pot. You can use any bread you have. In the video, we did ¼ corn bread, ¼ wheat, and the rest French. I personally like all French bread, but my mom would yell at me if she read this and tell you all to do at least some corn bread.
- Pour all sautéed vegetables and add remaining one stick of butter (melted).
- Combine everything very well and place in crock pot for 1 ½ to 2 hours on High. Serve warm.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.