"Jersey Boys" Cook Frankie Valli's Italian Meatballs
- A "Whole-lotta" fresh breadcrumbs (about 1.5 cups)
- About 1 cup milk (warm)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- About 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- Remove all jewelry, especially rings, and wash hands.
- Soak breadcrumbs in warm milk for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine with jewelry-free, clean hands.
- Roll mixture into sizeable balls (about 2 inches in diameter).
- Brown meatballs well in frying pan with olive oil. Finish cooking in a simmering pan of Italian gravy (i.e. tomato sauce).
- Serve meatballs (garnish with parsley, fresly grated parmesan) over pasta with a piece of crusty bread on the side.
To see "The Jersey Boys" live on Broadway, go to jerseyboystour.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.