Directions for Breakfast in a Shell
1) In a small, bring 4-5 cups of water (about 2-3”) to a simmer.
2) Season egg with sea salt and a pinch of chives
3) Once simmering, gently place topped egg in water. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Remove cooked egg from water and add warm semolina.
5) Gently top with balsamic cream.
6) Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt, chives, pancetta and masago arrare.
Directions for Warm Semolina
1) Bring milk to a simmer
2) Whisk in semolina
3) Cook on medium low until thickened (about 5-8 minutes)
4) Add butter, cheese and salt.
Directions for Crispy Pancetta
1) In a small pan, slowly heat up oil and pancetta over medium heat.
2) Continue to cook until fully rendered and crispy (about 10-15 minutes)
3) Once crispy, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Directions for Balsamic Cream
1) Combine all the ingredients and whisk until soft peaks.
2) Transfer to a piping bag.
Directions for Salted Pickles
1) Combine cucumber, radish, cauliflower, radicchio, cabbage and salt.
2) Set aside for 1 hour.
3) After 1 hour, rinse and drain.
4) Combine with the remaining ingredients.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page