Jacques Torres' Chocolate Santa Claus
- 3 lbs dark chocolate, tempered
- 2 lbs red chocolate, tempered
- 1 lb white chocolate, tempered
- Image template x4
- Large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Exacto knife, or similar tool
- Piping bag or large Ziploc bag (with small cut corner for piping)
- Select an image you'd like to create in chocolate
- Print multiple copies
- Cut out the main image (This serves as the 'base' of the puzzle)
- Spread tempered dark chocolate on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes – just enough for the chocolate to crystallize, but not become too hard – it then becomes difficult to cut.
- Place the main image paper on the chocolate and trace the outline with an exacto knife or similar
- Then, from the additional paper copies, cut out some of the other details of the image that you’d like to do in contrasting chocolate colors
- These pieces will be used to trace the pieces in white & red chocolate. (Process is then the same to spread out red chocolate on cookie sheet, etc).
- Once you have all the detail pieces cut out, place them onto the 'base' Santa and 'glue' with tempered chocolate
- Final steps would then be to do detail on his face – smile, eyes – with a chocolate-filled piping bag
- When he's complete, ‘glue’ him to a chocolate base to stand
For More Information on Jacques Torres, and Jacques Torres Chocolate, go to:
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.