Jack Witherspoon's Spaghetti Carbonara
Spaghetti Carbonara Ingredients:
• 10 ounces dry spaghetti
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil • 6 ounces cubed pancetta • 3 cloves garlic, minced • ½ cup finely chopped onion • 2 eggs with one extra yolk only • 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese • Freshly cracked pepper
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe:
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti for 7-8 minutes, or until al dent.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until it starts to crisp. Add the onion and cook until it starts to turn translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together and the cheese. Season with abundant cracked pepper.
- Drain the hot pasta. Turn off sauté pan to cool, add pasta to the pancetta, garlic and onion mix well. Stir in the egg mixture to coat pasta evenly. Keep moving the pasta around to prevent eggs from scrambling.
- Serve pasta with grated Parmesan cheese more cracked pepper and top with 2-3 roasted asparagus spears and lemon zest.
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients:
• 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
• 3 tbsp olive oil • Kosher salt • Fresh cracked pepper • 1 lemon
Roasted Asparagus Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place washed and trimmed asparagus in a single layer on a roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over asparagus and toss gently with your hands. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, turning asparagus half way through.
- Top with lemon zest and serve.