Italian-Herbed Turkey & Pork Meatballs with Greek Cumin and Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- ½ lb Ground Pork
- ½ cup Grana Padano, grated
- ¼ cup Ricotta Cheese, moist
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 egg
- Worcestershire Sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 7 ounces whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Zest of 1 medium lemon, minced
- Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together in a large mixing bowl with your hands. Take a small piece and sear in a pan to taste for seasoning. After satisfied, form the meatballs into Ping-Pong ball sizes.
- Lay parchment paper on a sheet tray and place meatballs on it. Bake for 10 minutes, or just until slightly pink. Carry over cooking will finish them outside of the oven.
Fabio's new cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.