Honey Bundt Cake with Honey Caramel Glaze
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- powdered sugar for
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1.5 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp mad bourbon vanilla extract
Directions for the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs with an electric mixer on medium about 1 minute, then stir in the honey, vanilla and yogurt.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cardamom; stir into the batter just until moistened.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate and tapping out of the pan.
5. Lightly dust top of cake with powdered sugar.
Directions for the glaze:
1. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, the sugar, water and honey. Once the caramel begins to boil, continue to stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Then remove the pan from heat.
2. Slowly add about a quarter of the cream, stirring into hot caramel. Add the sea salt, and then slowly add the rest of the cream. Stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Let cool and drizzle over the cake