Directions for Chicken
1) Dry chicken with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until just smoking.
3) Brown half the chicken lightly on both sides, 5-8 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
4) Repeat with 1 tablespoon more oil and remaining chicken; transfer to bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon more oil over med-high heat until shimmering.
5) Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, and thyme; cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
6) Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
7)Slowly whisk in wine, scraping up any browned bits.
8) Whisk in 1cup broth, smoothing out any lumps; transfer to slow cooker.
Directions for Stew
1) Microwave potatoes and carrots with remaining tablespoon oil in covered bowl, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are nearly tender, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
2) Stir remaining 3 cups broth and bay leaves into slow cooker.
3) Nestle browned chicken with any accumulated juice into slow cooker.
4) Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-6 hours on LOW.
5) Transfer chicken to cutting board; let cool slightly; shred into bite-sized pieces.
6) Let stew settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using a large spoon.
7) Discard bay leaves.
8) Stir shredded chicken and peas into stew and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
9) Adjust stew consistency with additional hot broth as needed.
10) Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste; serve.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes a t the Home & Family Pinterest Page