Homemade Spanish Aioli and Mayonnaise
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Olive Oil in squeeze bottle
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Grapeseed Oil
Directions for Spanish Aioli
1. Place garlic and some kosher salt in a mortar, begin pounding with pestle.
2. Pound and stir garlic with salt until a smooth paste has formed.
3. Begin dripping in the olive oil while you continue to pound and stir.
4. Drip constantly until a thick spread has emerged from the garlic and oil, this will take about 20-30 minutes (you will likely not use all the oil, stop when the paste has reached a texture to your liking).
Directions for Mayonnaise
1. Add the egg yolk, water, lemon juice, and mustard to the bottom of a mason jar.
2. Pour the oil on top and allow it to settle for 10-15 seconds.
3. Place an immersion blender into the jar, all the way to the bottom.
4. Turn on the blender and keep it on the bottom, allowing it to suck in the oil on top in a thin stream.
5. When there is a little oil left on top, tilt the immersion blender a bit to encourage its inclusion into the whipped mayonnaise. The sauce will be thick.
6. Season with salt.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page