Directions for Biscuits
1. Preheat open to 450 degrees.
2. Overlap paper towels on the counter and sprinkle with flour (this is a quick clean up method instead of using countertop).
3. Then in large bowl, pour flour.
4. Use a flat cheese grater and grate butter over the flour.
5. Use your hand in a circular motion to mix the butter in with flour.
6. Next, make a “well” in middle of flour/butter mixture with your fist.
7. Pour 1 ½ cups milk into “well.”
8. Mix flour and milk with your hand by moving hand in circular motion around bowl, don’t over mix. This is a “feel” type situation, and you don’t want dough to be too wet or too dry.
9. After you have it mixed, transfer dough to floured paper towel. Make a big ball with dough by dipping each side of the dough ball onto the flour on the paper towel.
10. Then, start to spread the dough out by pressing with hands, making sure that dough is about 1-1.5 inches thick.
11. Then, fold the dough in half 5 times.
12. You will have to spread dough out again during this process.
13. After the 5th fold, press dough out until it’s about 1-1.5 inches thick and cut out with biscuit cutter or using a wine glass.
14. Place on cookie sheet that has been slighting greases with a little olive oil. Make sure they touch when you place them together.
15. Pop in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
16. About 3 minutes before you take out of oven, brush with some butter on top.
DIrections for Chocolate Syrup
1. Pour 2 cups of sugar into a large pot. Cover with water and add alt. As mixture begins to boil, add cocoa and stir until dissolved. Watch carefully, as mixture may overflow while boiling. You may need to reduce heat or remove pot momentarily. Return syrup to boiling and add butter. Continue to stir until butter is melted. Add vanilla and let boil on high for approximately 40-45 minutes until desired consistency is reached – not too thick and not too thin. Serve over hot “homemade” biscuits. Syrup may be stored for up to 2 weeks in refrigerator.
NOTE: Syrup is also great for Hot Fudge Cake.