Home-Made Coconut Granola and Cashew "Yogurt"
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk, water, coconut water or rice milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut butter (optional)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
Directions for Granola:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients and wet ingredients together into a bowl
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheet (line w/parchment paper)
- Cook for 15 total (check oven and stir every 5 min)
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
- * double the recipe + store in airtight container + use for weeks! Voila! Enjoy!
Directions for Cashew “Yogurt”:
- Soak raw cashews in water (at least 1 hr – overnight is best)
- Drain soaked cashews
- Add ingredients (soaked cashews, milk, sweetener, lemon, vanilla, sea salt) to blender and blend on low until creamy.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.