Healthy Treats for Kids
- 2 (5.75 ounce) cans small, jumbo pitted black olives
- 2 (5.75 ounce) cans large, jumbo pitted black olives
- 1 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese
- 2 large carrots
- Toothpick box
- Cool Whip (Semi – Thawed)
- Cacao nibs
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- organic dark chocolate
Directions for Penguin Snacks
1) Start by slicing a carrot to create a small, round circle. Cut out a small “slice” from the carrot round and set aside.
2) Using a large pitted black olive and a knife, slice from top to bottom to open the olive up. Use a small spoon or teaspoon scoop to fill the inside of the black olive with slightly softened cream cheese. Try using a cheese knife to smooth out the cream cheese and a napkin to clean off the black olive.
3) Place the cream cheese-filled black olive on top of the carrot round and use a toothpick down the center to secure.
4) Place the small carrot slice (from step 1) into the hole of a small pitted black olive. Slide the small black olive onto the toothpick to finish your penguin!
Directions for Santa Snacks
1) Wash and dry the strawberries then cut the tops off so that they stand up.
2) Slice them in half and put a small amount of cool whip on the strawberry.
3) Put the ‘hat’ back on and give your santa some eyes and buttons with the cacao nibs.
Directions for Snowball No Bake Cookies
1. Place 1 cup shredded coconut, the coconut oil, and the almond butter into the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides every once in a while, until it reaches a butter consistency.
2. Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined.
3. Add 3/4 cup of additional shredded coconut and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined and formed a batter.
4. Shape the coconut mixture into 1” balls and coat with the additional shredded
coconut. Refrigerate for at last an hour or up to a week.
(You can make them even more delish by dipping in dark chocolate and then rolling in coconut)
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page