Grilled Santa Barbara Spot Prawns with Espellete and Bagna Cauda
- 8 Santa Barbara prawns (butterfly cut)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of espellete pepper
- 1 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBL per prawn of Bagna Cauda (recipe below)
- Saturdated butter (86% butterfat)
- 1 C extra virgin olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets (mashed to paste)
- 1 C minced shallots
- 3/4 C red fresno chiles, brunoise
- 1 C lemon juice
- 1 1/2 TBS chopped rosemary
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
Directions for Santa Barbara Prawn
1. Over a medium high flame on gas, charcoal or wood fired grill, season prawns lightly with salt and espellete and light dress with olive oil.
2. Grill for approximately 90 seconds flesh side down first and flip over and cook for an addititonal 30 seconds.
3. Remove from grill and place onto a service platter with bagna cauda pooled on the bottom.
Directions for Anchovy Bagna Cauda
1) In a small saucepan, melt butter and add oil and gently sweat shallots and fresno chiles until transluscent with no color.
2) Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a simmer.
3) Simmer for 15 minutes until all ingredients are homogenous and well combined.
4) Reserve warm for use.
Check out more delicous recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page