Directions for Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the shallots, artichokes, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together on
the prepared baking sheet with your hands until well-coated. Arrange in an even layer and
roast until browned and caramelized, 25 to 35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small food processor, puree the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, basil, mint,
and kefir until smooth. Add water by the tablespoon until you obtain a ranch dressing-like
consistency. Season to taste with salt. You should have 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
4. Heat an indoor grill pan or cast iron skillet. Dry the romaine with a kitchen towel and lightly
brush the cut-sides with olive oil. Grill the lettuce heads cut-side down over high heat until
char marks have formed and the leaves begin to wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a
5. Top the grilled romaine with the roasted shallots and artichokes, drizzle with 1/2 cup of
dressing, and garnish with the almonds. Serve immediately with the remaining green goddess dressing on the side.