Grilled Orange-Ginger Chicken Breasts
- 3 Organic chicken breasts cut in half and pounded to 1/4” thick (you can ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1) Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold the chicken and about 1 cup of liquid.
2) To prepare the marinade, in a glass bowl whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, marmalade, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and olive oil.
3) Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the container, and refrigerate for 8 hours or, even better, overnight. This will tenderize the chicken.
4) Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
5) Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet until hot, or fire up your outdoor grill. Brush the surface of the grill with 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
6) Turn down the heat to medium high. Place the chicken pieces on the grill or grill pan, 3 inches apart. Do not place chicken pieces too close together, or they will create steam.
7) Grill chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to grill for 1 minute more on each side for a total grilling time of 8 minutes. Some of the pieces may grill faster if they are thinner than the others.
8) Remove the chicken from the grill. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page