Directions for Grilled Mascarpone Asian Pear Sandwich on Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1) Lay out on a work table 4 slices of bread
2) Spread them with the mascarpone cheese
3) Sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese
4) Put 3 slices of thin sliced Asian pear
5) Cover with the other slices of bread to make a sandwich
6) Using 2- 8inch frying pans melt half of the butter in each pan
7) Place the sandwich in the pan –cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and flipped over
8) Finish in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown
9) Take it out of the oven and cut off the edges
10) Cut the sandwich on a diagonal to make 8 triage sandwich bites
Will make 16 out of these two sandwiches
Directions for Flourless Chocolate Cake
1) Melt butter and chocolate over water bath in a stainless steel bowl
2) Whisk the yolks into the melted chocolate
3) Whip the egg whites until shiny. Add the granulated sugar and whip till stiff peaks
4) Fold the stiff whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into 2 -9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom of each pan.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for approximately 40 minutes more. Invert the cakes onto a sheet pan and cool down completely. Once cool re invert and cover with dusted powdered sugar.
6) When ready for service, slice each cake into 12 pieces and place on a serving plate with a teaspoon of caramel sauce and some raspberries.
Check out more delicious recipes from the Home & Family Pinterest Page