Grilled Honey Balsamic-Glazed Fruit and Ice Cream
- ½ Cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Honey
- Dash salt
- 6 medium Peaches or Nectarines, halved and pitted
- 6 Eggs
- 6 teaspoons Vanilla
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- 4 Cups Evaporated milk
- 8 Cups whole milk
- 3 Cups Sugar
Directions for fruit:
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt; cook and stir over low heat 2-3 minutes or until blended. Reserve ⅓ cup mixture for brushing peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or just until mixture begins to thicken slightly (do not overcook)
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using tons, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Brush peaches with some of the reserved balsamic mixture.
- Grill peaches, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until caramelized, brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture. Serve with glaze and, if desired, ice cream.
Directions for ice cream:
- Beat eggs and sugar, add to ice cream canister.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients until blended.
- Churn and serve when almost solid.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.